Gidgee Charcoal fires the grills, rotisseries and ovens of hundreds of restaurants, charcoal chicken shops and BBQ shops throughout Queensland and Northern Rivers. Barbeque Charcoal is perfect for Low and Slow barbeques and traditional style cooking as well as open fireplaces and other forms of fire heating and cooking.
This all natural Gidgee charcoal is sourced and made in Australia. Gidgee charcoal burns hot and long and contains no additives. It has unique properties and is the 3rd densest timber in the world. At over 1,000kg per m3 it is 50% more dense than some of Australia’s hardest timbers such as ironbark and tallow.
- Clear burning – no smoke.
- Easy to light.
- Light weight (lighter than wood).
- Long burning (burning four times longer than wood).
- Even heat – perfect for cooking. (Caution – good ventilation must always be provided when burning charcoal in an enclosed space or room. Never touch white ash with your hands as often red hot coals are hidden within it.)
- Charcoal fires and ash can be extinguished using water