Nothing is more refreshing than having your own soda water on tap at home. Sodastream units are great but filling up those tiny 1L bottles is a pain and those small CO2 cylinders run out fast and are expensive to swap. Solve this problem once and for all with the Continuous Soda Carbonator Keg Reactor Solution.
KegLand has invented this really simple to use lid that attaches to a standard ball lock keg. You can use a 19L or 9.5L corny keg.
All you have to do is:
1. Position the keg inside your fridge, kegerator, coolroom, or anywhere cold (ideally below 5C).
2. Attach your dispensing tap of choice to the soda water outpost.
3. Attach your gas to the gas in post.
4. Set your CO2 regulator that is connected to the gas post to 30-50psi. (higher pressures will give you more carbonation so set your regulator pressure to achieve desired carbonation level).
NOTE: It’s recommended to use a check valve in your CO2 line. We recommend this duotight check valve or this one that is integrated into the gas ball lock disconnect.
5. The first time you use this unit it’s a good idea to purge the air from the headspace of the keg. To do this pull the PRV on the keg lid about 5 times for 2-second bursts.
6. Connect the mains water to the water inlet post on the lid of the keg. We recommend using a check valve for this application to prevent soda water going back into your house mains. We recommend this duotight check valve. Also, it’s a good idea to reduce your mains water pressure. Most domestic mains water pressure is over 100psi. For this unit to work well the mains water pressure should be 30-40psi higher than your regulator set pressure (from step 4). To regulate your water pressure we would recommend the use of our Inline Regulator KL15035 Inline Regulator.