Steve’s TOO EASY Fruit Sour
Please Note: Frozen Cherries picked automatically, please select another fruit if required.
** STORE PICKUP ONLY ** Frozen Fruit cannot be posted
“A simple base recipe for a fruited sour. Works with a range of fruits for a light and fresh crowd pleaser…”
OG: 1.044 IBUs: 11
MASH: 30min @ 60°C, 30min @ 70°C BOIL: 60min
– 2.1kg Voyager Atlas (4 EBC)
– 1.1kg Voyager Winter Wheat (3.5 EBC)
– 700g Flaked Wheat (3 EBC)
– 300g Gladfield Chit Malt (3 EBC)
– 200g Gladfield Sour Grapes (4 EBC)
– 200g Rice Hulls (optional)
– 250g Lactose *** (added at end of boil)
10g Magnum (12% AA) (30min)
2kg Frozen Fruit, following the procedure listed below*
FERMENT @ 24°C
> LalBrew Philly Sour
The Yeast Bay Berkeley Hills Sour
TARGET FG: 1.011
FERMENT: 2 weeks**
** fermentation time will vary depending on yeast strain, fermentation temperature and process. Package when specific gravity is stable over two days
* Use frozen fruit, or use fresh fruit pasteurised following the process listed below:
Add fruit to a pot of water (just enough to cover the fruit) and bringing to a simmer to pasteurize. Add a teaspoon of pectinase to the water while heating to ensure a brilliantly clear finished beer.
If using frozen fruit, allow to thaw first, then add each kilo into a sanitised hop sock and add to fermenter midway through fermentation.